Youth & Community Worker
We are looking for an enthusiastic and committed individual to support the life, worship and mission of two Methodist churches in South-West London. They will have particular responsibility for overseeing and developing our work with children and young people.
Putney and Roehampton Methodist Churches share their ministry and mission in two different and diverse communities. We are looking for someone to join our welcoming congregation and staff team to help support our work and to develop it in new and exciting ways. In particular, we want to rebuild our work among young people following the pandemic.
The responsibilities of the role will include:
- co-ordinating and growing the churches’ work with children and young people
- supporting the delivery of the churches’ mission and outreach in a variety of contexts (from coffee mornings to a weekly Foodbank)
- helping to provide pastoral care for worshippers and visitors
- bringing fresh ideas to develop new means of outreach
- championing Safeguarding
- helping to manage and develop the churches’ online presence, especially on social media.
There will be opportunities for personal growth and development, and we are keen to help the new team member flourish. Experience is important but we are most concerned to find someone with the enthusiasm and inter-personal skills needed to make this new role a success. There will be some flexibility in the role for the right person, especially regarding start dates. Please see our websites for more details of our life and work.
Salary: £25-28,000 (according to experience)
Closing date for applications: 18 May, 2022 (to begin work as soon as possible)
To apply, please send:
- a covering letter, stating why you are interested in the role, and
- an up-to-date CV
To: Deacon Kathy Johnson by clicking here. If you have any questions, feel free to contact her on 07870 499554.
There is a genuine occupational requirement that the post holder is a Christian. The post will be offered subject to an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references.
For a detailed job and personal description, please click here.
For full terms and conditions, please click here.